For over 10 years, I have been obsessed with going to Necker Island, Richard Branson’s paradise island home. Super exclusive, all inclusive ultra luxury.
I have made many Vision Boards over the years, and Necker Island has always featured on my boards, and I have been patiently waiting to manifest visiting this beautiful island.
It often features in my visualisation rituals, I imagine the sand between my toes, splashing in the crystal clear waters, chatting with Sir Richard over a cup of tea…
One of my friends even took a sneaky picture off my vision board, added some text and turned it into my own Vision Mug as a gift for me.
So when I saw that Richard Branson’s Virgin group were running a competition in the summer to win a trip to Necker Island, I thought that (with my track record on manifesting dream trips) I had it in the bag!
One of the key ingredients in manifesting is belief, I believed it was mine with such a certainty that I cleared the space for it in my calendar!
On the day the winners were being drawn, I was so excited, I was waiting for the call, I was ready, I just had to pack my suitcase!
I didn’t get the call.
Hmm but how could that happen, surely it was time for this thing I wanted SO much to manifest.
Lets rewind slightly earlier in the summer, I had made a new Vision Board, and I had set some pretty big goals for myself. Goals that I wanted to achieve by the end of this year including creating my first online course.
The inspiration for my course came to me whilst I was on holiday in France in the summer and I was eager to get going with it, however I didn’t really have a strategy for it. I literally asked the Universe to guide me with this – the thing is when we ask – we have to be ready to receive the answer. This answer came to me in the form of a new mentor who literally kicked my butt into gear! Thank you James Wedmore.
Tapping into Abundance, my first online course was born. I was encouraged to take action immediately, let go of my procrastination and need for perfection on this course. When I surveyed my community in my Facebook group – (Tapping into Your Big Vision with Melanie Bundock) earlier in the summer, the number one challenge that people were facing was money and abundance – or the lack of it.
I knew from my own experience that tapping eased my feelings of anxiety on the subject of money and I wanted to educate others to do the same.
So what has this got to do with me failing to manifest my trip to Necker Island?
The Universe had a bigger and better plan!
The Universe was listening to the bigger goal I had in mind. During those dates I cleared in my calendar to go to Necker Island – I used that time to create my course. If I had gone to Necker Island, Tapping into Abundance would have been delayed, who knows how long for?
I know Necker will come to me in the future, at the perfect time.
So if there are things you are trying desperately to manifest – firstly let go of the “trying desperately” – plant the seeds of your Big Vision, then leave them to germinate, don’t force it!
I am hosting a series of webinars to launch my new course, I would love to invite you to my next webinar on Thursday 27th October at 8pm UK Time (Don’t worry a replay will be available if you miss it), it’s all about Transforming Your Money Mindset, I will be sharing with you exactly what was downloaded into my head from the Universe earlier this summer, I will show you how you can transform your money mindset and the Seven Steps in changing your money story from one of lack to one of abundance. Click here to register for my webinar.
I’ll see you on the Webinar, or maybe in Necker?
Picture credits Virgin Limited Edition
When we have a dream, goal or a Big Vision for ourselves, all sorts of feelings can arise, the best feelings to have are those of excitement and anticipation – these feelings are the quickest path to manifestation.
So what are you feeling when you look at your Vision Board? The chances are when you first make it, you will be feeling excited. How long does that feeling last though?
Unless the manifestation of your Vision Board from Vision to reality occurs instantly, it is highly likely that feelings of doubt and impatience begin to creep in. With the doubt comes the big question. “How?”. “How is this going to happen?” “How is this even possible?” The vision board starts to look like clutter in the home, so we put it to the back of the wardrobe. The metaphorical act of hiding your vision board away, speaks volumes of how you view your vision.
So what are the three words that kill your Big Vision instantly?
The detached home in the rural setting, the New York apartment, the tanned and toned bikini body, being a best selling author, being the leader in your field, being on Oprah’s couch?
The vision is too far away from your reality to even contemplate, so by saying or thinking “it’s not possible” kills your dreams in their tracks.
So how can we overcome this? Here are my five top tips clearing away the doubts and negative feelings that arise:
1. Additional visualisation, bring each vision on your Vision Board to life by putting yourself in it, for example, imagine yourself walking through he doors of your dream house, or preparing dinner in your dream kitchen or soaking in the hot tub in the garden. Really allow yourself to “lose yourself” in your Vision Board and remember to have fun while you are doing this. Ideally do this exercise upon waking up or at night before you go to sleep. By allowing yourself to feel the feelings of being in your Big Vision, you are giving your body a cellular memory of what it feels like to experience your Big Vision.
2. Explore what comes up for you if your Vision Board were to become a reality – getting what we want can bring up lots of fears, identify what these may be, e.g. if I suddenly make lots of money, I’ll lose friends along the way, sometimes the most ridiculous fears come up when doing this exercise. Just by identifying these fears, we can start to clear them.
3. Explore your fears around your vision board not happening, what if things remain this way? What if my Big Vision never materialises? Write down everything that comes up for you.
4. Look at the limiting beliefs that are coming up for you when looking at your Vision Board, how is any of this going to happen, I can’t afford any of this stuff, who am I kidding? Write out all the beliefs that are coming up for you.
5. For steps 2,3,4 and 5 EFT/ Tapping can be used. Tap each of the limiting beliefs that you have written down. In my Free Vision Board Course, I have created two videos that will get you excited and aligned with your Vision Board, and also another one that will clear away doubts, impatience and resistance.
I would to hear what thoughts come up for you when you look at your Vision Board? Hidden it away? Maybe its time to get it out again ( or make a new one) and tap it into reality!
When I was little I dreamt of going to Disneyland, it was the one place I wanted to go to more than anywhere else.
Fast forward 30 or so years, history seemed to be repeating itself with my children pleading with me in the same way that I did with my parents, it woke up that inner child yearning that hadn’t been satisfied all those years ago. I too wanted to go more than ever. Last year I set the intention that we would go in 2016. I have had Disney on my vision board for a couple of years now, but my daughter decided to make her own board devoted to all things Florida and Disney
On nights that my daughter had trouble sleeping, I suggested she visualise being at Disneyland (she had watched enough YouTube videos on the place that she knew exactly what it looked like) Also last year I shared my big vision of being at Disneyland with my business coach, and she led me through a powerful visualisation where I put myself directly in my vision, this included entering our hotel room at the resort and my children jumping up and down on their beds in excitement!
I had also set the intention that I wanted to be able to tell my children on Christmas morning that we would be off to Disney this year, I even declared this publicly on Periscope (just to let the Universe know that I was serious!)
Christmas day came and went, and I must admit that I was a bit disappointed that I wasn’t doing the great Disney reveal. At this point I had let it go (this is a key moment here which I will come back to)
Last Monday, I had a message on my answerphone from a man at Disney “Hello Melanie, this is Harry from Disney, last year you entered a competition at Clarks shoe shop, could you give me a call back please?” I’ll have to admit, my heart was pounding somewhat, I remembered clearly entering the competition (we do have to give the universe every helping hand we can). When I eventually got hold of Harry, I was then given the amazing news that we had won a trip to Disneyworld in Florida with flights, accommodation and park passes.
Aside from being completely and utterly over the moon, what I was most excited about was that my daughter had first hand experience of the Law of Attraction working for her. With this level of belief, I can’t wait to see what she manifests next. My son who is 11 and possibly a bit more sceptical than his little sister has also been inspired too.
I have since had many people asking me more about Vision Boards, questions such as “How can I get them to work for me?” “I’m getting impatient with my board” “How did you do it?” I don’t have all the answers, but I certainly know that my manifestation process is undergoing refinement constantly. What are the key things I have done differently? Here are some of the answers.
1. I made the Disney manifestation a group effort – there is always greater energy in a group.
2. We were very specific with our vision: Disney in 2016
3. We (well mostly my daughter) visualised our big vision, we really got into the place of feeling what it would like to be there, excited and happy.
4. When Christmas day came and went, and my vision of telling the children hadn’t manifested, I had literally let it go at that point. I was no longer in the state of wanting.
5. I took the action step of applying for the competition (I think I entered a couple of Disney related competitions last year), I was also on the verge of booking a new year trip to Disneyland Paris, but decided not to at the last minute as I felt this was compromising the real goal of Florida.
One final thing I do with my Vision board is to tap with it. I will soon be recording a video of the script I use, if you aren’t already in my Facebook group (Tapping Into Your Big Vision), request to join by clicking here, and you will be the first to know.
I will also be releasing new Vision Board workshop dates for 2016 in the next few days, details in my next newsletter. You can sign up to my newsletter, and receive either a free meditation track or access to my Power of Visualisation Webinar by clicking here
Dreams really do come true if you believe and tap!
What is the one limiting thought that is preventing you from just going for your dreams?
Right now there is something inside of you that you have always wanted to do. I want you to ask yourself, “what is that nagging thought that has been whispering to me?” What is that thing that you have always wanted to do? Is it something as simple as taking up a hobby? Starting an art or dance class? Improving your tennis? Joining a gym? Or is it a bigger goal like running a marathon? Writing a book? Changing your career? Visiting a country you have always dreamed of going to?
Ok now you have thought about your desire, what thoughts have popped up in your head when thinking about these dreams? Do they sound something like this? ”I don’t have the time”, “I’m too old”, “I can’t afford it”, “What will other people think”, “I’m not fit enough” “I can’t” “Yes but….”
These are what are known as limiting beliefs. As Henry Ford famously said, “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, either way you’re right” Isn’t that food for thought!
Several years ago, Bronnie Ware (at the time a palliative care nurse) wrote a blog post titled The Top Five Regrets of the Dying, this blog was an internet sensation and quickly went viral. The top regret of all was, I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. Ware elaborates on this “This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made. Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it.”
Don’t let this be you, when we stifle a part of ourselves that is desperate to be set free, we are dampening our spirit, this leads to a suppression of emotions, emotions such as regret, disappointment and sadness, unknowingly these can lead to irritation, bitterness and anger.
I absolutely love hearing about people’s dreams and aspirations. I believe we were all born with gifts and talents unique to us. I believe we should be doing things that we love and I believe that there are many of us who could make money out of doing the thing they love. I passionately believe that we absolutely can go for our goals. Yes I know it is easier said than done (or is this just another limiting belief?), however once we identify the limiting beliefs that are stopping us, we can work on clearing these beliefs.
My favourite way to clear these beliefs is with Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT or Tapping). Usually the underlying belief/emotion of all is fear.
This is totally understandable, “What if I fail”, “What if I’m not good enough” , “What if I look like an idiot and others laugh at me?” These are all different shades of fear.
Today I encourage all of you to do is to have a think about something you have always wanted to do and ask yourself what is stopping you? Here are my top tips for making your dreams come true:
1. Identify the one thing that it is you want to do, identify the intensity of this desire from 1-10, if its below five, the desire probably isn’t strong enough, so pick something else –we are looking for a 7-10/10 desire. 10/10 is a burning desire.
2. Note the limiting beliefs that are preventing you from doing this, how high is the intensity of this belief out of 10? If is this is low then take action today (see steps below) If it is high, start today to clear these beliefs with the tapping script below.
3. Once you have identified your goal, put a time on this goal, three, six months or a year away etc
4. Grab a journal and write a “future” journal entry starting like this “It is (for example) December 31st 2015 and I am so excited to write that I have finally fulfilled my goal of ……..” Fill in the rest – write with passion and imagination. Put real feelings into this entry, give it detail, colour and plenty of emotion. Really get your juices going. Write in the present tense – AS IF IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED
5. Take action – what can you do today to move in the direction of your goal? Can you find out about an evening class, or is there a book you could read, a group you can join, a telephone call you can make?
6. Find yourself an accountability partner who you have to report back to. When we are accountable to someone else, we are more likely to take action. Consider hiring a coach to keep you on track.
So if the intensity of the limiting belief is too high from even allowing you to take the first step towards your goals, here is a sample tapping script to get you started. If you are new to tapping, please watch my Introduction to tapping video first here.
Karate chop point KC: Even though fear is preventing me from achieving my goal, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
KC again – Even though I’m afraid I will fail/ look stupid/ I’m not good enough , I deeply and completely love and accept myself anyway
KC again – Even though I don’t know even where to start, I choose to believe that I can take just one step towards my goals today, and I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
Eyebrow (EB) – All these limiting beliefs that are getting in the way of my dreams
Side of Eye (SE) – I don’t think I can do it
Under Eye (UE) – I don’t think I have what it takes
Under Nose (UN) – I just don’t have the time/ I’m too old/ I’m too afraid (use words appropriate to you)
Chin (Ch) – All this fear that is getting in the way
Collar Bone (CB) – I just don’t think I can do it
Top of Head (TH) – I don’t think it’s even worth trying
(Do this for a couple of rounds)
EB – I’m letting go of this limiting belief that I can’t do it (can’t afford it/ I’m too old etc)
SE – Releasing this belief now
UE – I choose to have new beliefs for myself
UN – I believe that I can and I will
Ch – It just takes that first brave step
CB – Once I make the decision, opportunities will come my way
TH – I am worthy and deserving of going for my goals
EB – I can do this
SE – I choose to have courage
UE – Letting go of my fear of failure
UN – Letting go of my fear of what others may think
Ch – Letting go of all my limiting beliefs both conscious and unconscious
CB – I choose to believe in myself
TH – I am excited about what the future has in store for me.
Do this round of tapping a few times and see what comes up, hopefully you should be feeling like taking that first step now. So what’s the first thing you are you going to do? I would love to know.
Go live your dreams.
New Year, New Beginnings and New Year’s Resolutions
It’s a little late, but Happy New Year, and welcome to my brand new website and brand new blog, for those of you who have read my previous blogs on Theraphealing, I was a little sporadic, I am planning to be more regular with my musings, who knows I may even throw in the occasional vlog (video blog) – I just need to do a bit more tapping on myself to get over my fear of doing this. Read more
TherapHealing is committed to your well being, providing clients with wonderfully relaxing Reflexology, Emotional Freedom Technique (Tapping), Reiki, and Hopi Ear Candle treatments. My aim is to help people achieve and maintain a healthy and balanced body and mind. As well as holistic therapies, I also run meditation mornings and personal development workshops. I am based at Espiritu Salon and Spa at Battlers Green Farm in Radlett…